Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Familial Burns

Peter was mosying around in the attic, which has very sloping ceilings. He stood up and ran his head into a light bulb, which, he tells me, hurt and singed his hair when it broke "with peices skattering down my head like rain running over!"

2 of my sisters were ironing in the dining room, when they went into the kitchen. My seven-year-old-brother decided to see if the iron was hot, and my sisters herd an "ow! The iron's hot!" from the dining room, and they scrambled to put his hand in ice water. Only a few minutes later, during the hand-rescue procedure, they heard another "EEYOOW!' from the dining room, and Peter came in flapping his hand, his face screwed up, and he promptly informed the girls in an irritated voice that the iron was hot.

Those of us who have touched ovens, grills, irons, etc. to "see if it was hot:" Peter (4x), Deborah (2x), Joseph (1x), me (1x), and the others are smart enough to have learned from us what not to do.

Various other burns have occured, but 'tis an unpleasant topic, so it shall end now.

No comments:

Post a Comment