Friday, November 24, 2006

fall in a few words

This photo is from Barabo, WI, which place I have nver actually visited. However, it reminds me very much of Pungo and Munden, the southernmost parts of my city.

This photo is something of a dream, or more correctly a hope. I looks just like the feilds back home, only 15 minutes from our house. Not only do I really love fall, but I also love trees, horses, and land.
Skyline Drive in the Appalacians of western Virginia (Shenandoah valley on South) is much more majestic and beautiful than this picture shows, but alas this is the only one I've got.

The beauty of fall has always intruiged me more than that of spring or summer. Fall and winter, though sorrowful and dreary at times, are those seasons which make my spirit soar, and usually provoke me into being very happy and singing. I think that they are perhaps times of renewal and hope, so like our life here in this temporal world. This picture is actually from my own beloved Steubenville Cemetery. Autumn and Winter always instill a sense of the closeness of God in me, and so do cemeteries. A later post will have to look into the reasons for this.

Yes, this entire post is backward, because I meant to have this picture first and the caption thing, but you will forgive me, I'm sure. Otherwise, I suppose I shall have to forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment