Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Christ and sinners

"Christ's love knows no boundaries, stops at no limits, doesn't turn away from ugliness and filth. It was for sinners He came, not for the righteous."
~ St. Teresa of Avila
Christ came to save sinners...not the perfect people.
Have you ever met a perfect person? I've met a few, and believe you me, they ain't perfect....not by a long shot! Perfect people make me nervous...and I often feel terribly inferior. By this I mean those who seem so perfect and who think of themselves as such. Those who are truly perfect (and I've met only a couple of them) are actually perfect and do not make anyone feel inferior because they exude the love of God through their very being, and God, though He is perfection itself by virtue of the fact that He is Truth, loves us unconditionally.

I still find it hard to believe that He could love one so frustrating, so small, so pigheaded as I. And therein we see the crux of the issue: a lack of trust. Christ continues to love me even though I constantly exhibit a lack of trust...human nature perhaps...but selfish and stupid nonetheless.

O Lord, be merciful to me, a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment