Friday, September 14, 2007

All for me Grog



And it's all for me grog, me noggin, noggin grog.
All for me beer and tobacco.
For I spent all me tin with the lassies drinkin' gin.
Far across the western ocean I must wander.

Where are me boots, me noggin', noggin' boots,
They're all gone for beer and tobacco,
For the heels they are worn out and the toes are kicked about,
And the soles are looking out for better weather.

Where is me shirt, my noggin', noggin' shirt,
It's all gone for beer and tobacco,
For the collar is all worn, and the sleeves they are all torn,
And the tail is looking out for better weather.

I'm sick in the head and I haven't been to bed,
Since first I came ashore with me slumber,
I've seen centipedes and snakes, and I'm full of pains and aches,
And I think I'll make a path for way up yonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment