Saturday, September 08, 2007

Catholic Pick-up Lines

I take the credit for none of these (the first seven are Patrick Madrid's), but thought they were funny. However, my advice to the general Catholic male population out there would be to come up with something a bit better (you know, less trite and silly) if you're not absolutely sure that she's already in love with you. If she is in love with you, it won't really matter what the heck you say. She'll think your brilliant. Nevertheless, be careful all the same, espcially with the arogant ones. I would quite honestly go crazy if a man ever said these things to me before I new him much.

1. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time? (Quiet Man anyone?)

2. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

3. I bet I can guess your confirmation name.

4. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

5. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

6. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper. (one of my favorites)

7. May I offer you a light for that votive candle? (very cute)

8. The Bible says "Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry"; how about dinner?

9. You look so beautiful in that mantilla you wear to Mass. (another favorite)

10. Want to go to Adoration with me? (ultimate question)

11. I didn't believe in predestination till I met you. (cute)

12. Man does not live by bread alone. So how about dinner and a movie?

13. What do you think Paul meant when he said, "Greet everyone with a holy kiss" (1Pet 5:24)? (sly)

14. A little bird... the Holy Spirit actually... tells me we should get to know each other a little better. (he had better not be lying)

15. Don't worry, I'm attracted to you purely in a spiritual way.

16. Has anyone ever told you, your eyes are like doves and your neck like the tower of David? (no! Thank goodness)

17. You look like a good vocation

18. Hey ... I don't want to embarass you but your Scapular strap is showing. So ... how long have you been wearing that? We should discuss the Sabatine promises over a 40 hours devotion sometime.

19. “A girl like you only comes along once in a Blue Army meeting.”

20. Presenting a rose: “I just may be the answer to your Little Flower novena.” (he's awefully arogant)

21. “Me, I prefer a more traditional Mass. I’m a regular Latin lover.” (sarcastic "haha")

22. “You look like (an officially approved) apparition!” bold

23. “You’re a saint! Kiss me, and make me a second-class relic!” (from Walker Solis)(whoever that is)

24. "My Guardian Angel thinks you are cute."

25. If I had a bead for every time I though of you, I'd have a joyful mystery. (ingenious)

26. You are like the book of Revelation. You've got me all confused.

27. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. May I move my temple closer to yours?

The blushing girl tulip.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi, this is your loving younger brother peter. your catholic pick up lines section has given me a lot of ideas that I just might be using in the near future.DONT GET RID OF THIS SECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naomi, were did you get so many hilarius jokes? I did not think you were that bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this section Naomi!

    ReplyDelete